One Day Fuego Volcano Hike
Price: $95.00 USD p/person
Conquer one of Guatemala's tallest and most active volcanoes on this scenic two day trek! We'll start at the base of Acatenango Volcano at an altitude of 1,600 meters (5,250 feet) above sea level. Your guide will provide lunch midway through the six hour trek, and later start a fire and prepare a warm dinner at our camp on the east side of the volcano.
The following day, we'll leave extra gear at our camp and hike down to Horquilla, the basin between the two volcanoes. After an intense one and a half hour climb uphill we'll reach the summit of Fuego Volcano 3,763 meters (12,346 feet) above sea level. From the summit you will enjoy a magnificent panoramic view of Agua Volcano to the southeast, Lake Atitlan and Toliman, Atitlan and San Pedro Volcanoes to the northwest, and Acatenango Volcano to the north.
After a brief break and photo opportunity we will hike back to our camp, pick up our backpacks and extra gear, and hike back down to the base of Acatenango Volcano. Depending on the pace of the group, expect to spend on average 12 hours hiking in total. Please take into account that you should be physically fit to do this hike, and that the rapid change in elevation may affect your performance.
What is included in the price?
- Private transportation
- Three meals (lunch and dinner on Day one, breakfast on Day two)
- Tent rental
- Sleeping bag rental
- Pack mules to carry tents, food, and water for meals
- Guatemalan Guide
- Guinness Tour Leader (English/Spanish)
What is not included?
- Hiking gear
- Travel Insurance
How much money will I need?
- On average you will spend $20 USD for two days on meals or snacks in the surrounding villages.
- As long as you are physically capable of completing this hike, there is no specific age requirement.
- A four person minimum is required for each tour at the listed price. Please contact us for more information regarding larger or smaller private tours.
What do I need to bring for my trip?
- Hiking gear
- Bug spray
- Power bars or snacks
- 3L of Water