Half Day Coffee Plantation Tour
Price: $80.00 USD p/person
Experience the ultimate in adventure and nature at the beautiful organic Yalu coffee plantation, nestled in the pristine and untouched hills of Sumpango. Start your adventure with a thrilling zip line tour through the mountain tops where you can experience five different lines and over 1,375 meters of cable. Once you have made it down the mountain, learn how the people of Yalu produce their rich and flavorful organic coffee that is unrivaled by any other farm in the country. Choose two more activities to round out your day- pick fresh blackberries to enjoy, mountain bike through the coffee trees, walk the eco-trails to admire the scenery, ride a horse to tour the grounds, or be introduced to the dairy farm and help milk the cows! End this coffee tour with a cup of Yalu's finest. After, take a walk through the Yalu village to learn about the daily life of the native people and if you want you can make a donation to help support the growth and stability of the local economy. No matter the activity, your trip to Yalu is sure to awaken all of your senses and we know that it won't be long before you are longing to return!
You get to develop your itinerary in any way you would like! Select four of the following activities to enjoy: zip lining, horseback riding, blackberry picking, milking cows, feeding baby cows, trout fishing, mountain biking, hiking, and of course an informational coffee tour that includes a delicious cup of Yalu's finest made by you!
What is included in the price?
- Private Transportation to and from Antigua
- Private Guide (English/Spanish)
- Choice of 4 activities
What is not included?
- If you are outside of Antigua, there will be an extra cost for transportation.
How much money do I need?
- No spending money is necessary, but you may want to bring about $20 USD to purchase coffee, fresh blackberry jam, and photographs (proceeds support the Yalu village and the local children).
- All tours require a four person minimum at the listed price. Please contact us for more information regarding larger or smaller private tours.
What do I need to bring for my trip?
- Sun block
- Hiking boots
- Rain coat
- Mosquito repellent